Everyday Life and the Gospel
Funeral Sermons and Homilies
I am disabled. I cannot speak so I can no longer preach. And have difficulty swallowing and have lost 90 pounds so far. I want to keep sharing my sermons with you as long as God gives me the grace to do so. The neurologists in Kingston, Ontario have diagnosed me with ALS, Lou Gehrig's disease. I have two twins going to university. Please include my family in your prayers. I am REALLY struggling so I am humbly asking you to help me. I am on a small disability pension which barely keeps me and my family alive. My boys have set up an account with PayPal. (It is complicated to donate. They say (the PayPal People) that the total has to be updated even though you insert an amount.) Any amount that you are able to give will help me. Thank you for whatever help you are able to give and please sign my guestbook .
Sudden Departure" Mark 10:13-16
- Funeral for 18 year old killed in car accident
Broken Flower" Mark 14:32-41
- Funeral for a 49 year old suicide victim
"Off the Grid" Eccles 3:1-8
- funeral for a 97 year old man without a phone, plumbing or electricity
Ebb and Flow of Time" Eccle 3:1-8
- Funeral for a 97 Year old woman
"Blessings Galore " Matt 5:1-12
- Funeral for a 97 Year old woman with 7 children
Light at the End of the Tunnel" John 20:11-18
- A 34 year old victim of suicide
Things Left Undone"
- A 68 year old alcoholic
- The 101 year old organist from our church
- A 70 year old man with cancer
Symbols of our Lives"
2 Tim 3:4 - 4:9
- An 89 year old farmer with cancer
We Leave Behind" John 20:1-18
- Funeral for 97 year old librarian
by the World"
Luke 23:25-26, 32-46
- Funeral for a 96 year old farmer severely injured early in life.
to Jesus' Care"
Luke 23:25-26, 32-46
- Funeral for a man who found Christ at the last moment
Greatest of These is Love"
- Funeral for a beloved 94 year old woman
Man of Few Words"
- Funeral for a 78 year old man who only said what he meant
"Order out of Chaos" Genesis 1:1-2, 31 - 2:1
- Funeral for a 51 year old woman with cancer
in the Field"
- Funeral for an 83 year old woman who loved homemaking, esp baking
Don't Want to Die"
- Funeral for a 78 year old woman with cancer
Release From the Pain"
1Cor 15:36b-44, 50-57
- Funeral for a 65 year old woman with Multiple Sclerosis
No Place Like Home"
- Funeral for a 95 year old Scottish woman
- Funeral for 72 year old railroad man
Color of the Leaves"
- Funeral for a 68 year old man who loved the outdoors
Ticking of the Clock"
- Funeral for a 79 year old man
- Funeral for a 98 year old woman
in the Passage of Time" Matt 26:36-46
- Funeral for 53 year old man killed in a traffic accident
on the Trap Line"
- Funeral for 98 year old trapper/prospector
Plain, Hardworking Woman"
- Funeral for a 79 year old woman
Room for the Night"
- Funeral for an 80 year old woman
- Funeral for a 99 year old woman
is What you Make of it"
- Funeral for a severely handicapped man
What We'd Planned"
- Funeral for a man with Parkinsons Disease
Seasons of Life"
- Funeral for 91 year old farmer who died suddenly
of the Fog"
- Funeral for man with cancer
on the Road"
- Funeral for 89 year old social activist
the Depths of Winter"
- Funeral for 83 year old woman
- Funeral for 95 year old woman
For more sermons, including my RCL (Revised Common Lectionary) sermons in advance, visit my sermon website
Rev. Eric A. Muirhead